Day 28&29 ----> Becoming Younger

Monday April 20th
The scene: Workday for The Raw Food World and re-grounding after an amazing weekend workshop in LA.

Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
AM: ----
Breakfast: 1 strawberry; cheesy kale chips
Lunch: Salad: 1 C romaine; tahini garlic dressing; 1/4 C kelp noodles; 1 small tomato; 3 x peruvian olives; 1/4 carrot
Dinner: Salad: 1 C romaine; tahini garlic dressing; 3 x botija olives; 8 oz tomato bisque soup from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen Book; 3 T chia cookie dough; 1 x power wrap dipped in tahini


What was Walker about today?
Lunch was fairly small and dense - and it was a salad!

What did I discover today?
I ate very late and was overly hungry and stressed. As you can see, I ate just about everything I could get my little open orifice around. To my credit, I did make a salad, which is an improvement from my usual binge routines. How was I able to do that? Pre-made dressing - it was on hand - otherwise my grabby haste would have made that choice impossible.


Tuesday April 21st

The scene: Sexy dance yoga day!

Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
AM: 32 oz cool peppermint tea
Breakfast: 1 golden delicious apple w/ 3 T super food flax dip
Lunch: 8 oz tomato bisque soup from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen Book; 4 T chia cookie dough; 1 x power wrap; flax cracker w/ lots of coconut oil and salt
Dinner: 16 oz veggie juice
PM: 32 oz peppermint tea

What was Walker about today?
  • I juiced!!! Oh yeah baby - I'm so proud of myself every time I do this. Juicing has proven itself to be the #1 thing I can do to take care of my body -- and when I'm feeling good, I can better love everyone I care about most.
  • Breakfast was nice and lean...and also included many flavors. Walker's salads are structured to provide a variety of produce to the body. The salads are also designed around the theory that many Flavors (sweet, sour, salty, spicy) cause lasting satisfaction.

What did I discover today?
  • Fat-Attack! I don't remember the last time I've taken-in so much fat at one sitting. YIKES! Result: bloated, low energy, painful gas. Couldn't eat dinner, even juice upset my tum-tum. It will be sometime before I partake in tomato bisque again....oily!
  • What's the deal with my fat attraction? It pulls me like a magnet - I guess that's how some people feel about sugar cravings, but biologically speaking, sugar got-to-haves make more sense.
  • I suppose, for me, fat is the quickest way to numb city. If I have an emotion rumbling around that I don't want to feel, fat gets me to fluffy feelings and cloudy mind pretty fast.

"Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it's holy ground. There's no greater investment." Stephen Covey

5 comments:

  1. Is it a Walker thing to have such a small breakfast as on April 20th? I wonder if you ate a bigger, fruit-baesd breakfast if you'd have an easier time keeping from bingeing. I start every day with a smoothie of 5 bananas, soaked dates, and a half-pint of strawberries, and that really gets me hydrated and keeps me full for several hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start each day with a smoothie made from raw protein powder, one bananna, MSM powder, raw coconut oil, raw honey, and enough of a spash of water to make it blend, oh yeah and don't forget the spoonfull of spiralina, I am so bursting with eneergy and life when I arrive to the office for work, I drive all of my coworkers crazy while they are hunched over thier third cup of coffee or canned energy drink, super nasty stuff in a semi coma. Not me, I am buzzing with life !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excess cortisol (a response to stress) running around in the body causes carb AND FAT cravings. I know from personal experience (and research), having caved completely to those cravings during an extended really-high-stress period several years ago ~ I put on 50 pounds in less than 6 months!!! I'm still working on getting the weight off ~ only 20 pounds to go, and going strong! (This is my first time blogging, so I don't exactly know what I'm doing here ~ so, in case my name doesn't magically appear above, my name is Avai

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!
    I ADORE all the feedback and advice - recipes too!
    Very generous of you family...
    We each have something of value to share, and I'm honored you are choosing to do it here. Personally, I received inspiration and further clarity from your comments. Gracias.

    Norman Walker started the day with the same meal for 11 years - a rather large breakfast of nut milk, bananas, carrot pulp, dried fruit, powdered nuts, and sprouts --- he also said that for some people, a pound or two of fruit, or simply a large glass of veggie juice could be enough, depending on a persons level of activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you make your own chia cookie dough?

    ReplyDelete