Day 46&47 ----> Becoming Younger

Friday May 8th
The scene:
Raw Potluck tonight at the house. The day was spent moving ALL the boxes and furniture to the garage for the sale. Then I went through the garage (which all of us use as storage) and got to organize and minimize. I have dirt sweat prints on my hemp t-shirt, grit under my nails, 2 splinters and a HUGE grin!

Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
AM: -----
Breakfast: 16 oz OJ
Lunch: 1/2 cucumber; 2 T chopped leek; 3 roma tomatoes; 2 radishes; 3 1/2 T pistachio pesto (whoa fat); 3 T tahini garlic dressing; squeeze lemon; 3 T chia cookie dough
Dinner: 3 T hempy veggie dip; cut up veggies; 1/4 C sauerkraut; 2 T chia cookie dough; 3 cherries


What was Walker about today?
  • Good morning Water!
  • OJ
What did I discover today?
  • With all the manual labor and exertion I've been putting forth all week, I'm finding myself more ravenous than usual. I ate WAY over my FAT quota for lunch and felt it pushing up on my throat - gross. The body would make different choices.
  • The veggie juice on hand really helped yesterday while I was working away...
  • AND NOW (hear a drum roll please) The Chia Cookie Dough secret recipe for you, the Becoming Younger Family!




If you are having trouble viewing the video above, you can go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFClbgJLwi8

Chia Cookie Dough

1 1/2 C *cocochia or shredded coconut
1 C nuts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 C chia seed
(Optional ) 1/3 C cacao nibs
*Process*

1-2 T cocoa butter
3.5 T agave; or 1 T agave & 2 T honey
2 generous Tablespoons raw almond butter
*Process*
9 dates & 1/4 C mulberries or other dried fruit; or 12 dates
*Process ---> Pulsing*


*Cocochia has added therasweet (xylitol) which gives it a bit more sugary kick than other shredded coconut. Currently on BackOrder at TheRawWorld.

Some ideas for your dough:
  • roll into individual balls
  • flatten into a cookie shape
  • or just leave in a delicious mass and take yum yummy spoonfuls.
Please consider refrigerating. It's oh so good when chilled.




Saturday May 9th
The scene: All day Renaissance Faire with my Madrigali singing troop. Travel eating.

Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
AM: ----
Breakfast: 3 kiwis; 7 cherries
Lunch: 1/4 C hempy veggie dip; 1 C cut veggies: cauliflower, carrot, broccoli; 5 brazil nuts; bit of dulse leaf
Dinner: 1/2 zucchini spiralized; tahini garlic dressing; 3 botija olives; 2 roma tomatoes; 3 T almond butter w/ 1 tsp agave and celtic salt


What was Walker about today?
  • Water
  • Fruit meal about 1lb

What did I discover today?
  • Last night was our potluck and I ate some of the most delicious sauerkraut on the planet, created by nature and my housemate Kevin. Unfortunately, today my teeth sensitivity is excruciating --- even tonight I am still having trouble biting down on anything.
  • Since becoming Raw I have had many teeth issues for a variety of reasons. As such, I've been working at re-building my enamel and keeping my body less acidic. However, one blow like this evidently turns the tide fairly quickly. That's the last of sauerkraut for me for a WHILE!
  • Not being able to chew my food well, I didn't feel satisfied and overate at the last minute on almond butter and agave because it was Soft and I could actually roll it around my mouth a bit.
  • CHEW CHEW CHEW --- it's a great weight loss trick...and it just so happens to be super healthy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment