Day 99 & 100 ----> Becoming Younger

Sunday August 30th
The scene:
Farmer's Market followed by the Ventura Flea Market (like 75 houses having a Big Garage $ale) w/ Zachary's family. One of the best things about Zachary is that he comes with an incredible dowry --- an Amazing Tribe --- his family. These down-to-earth folks are so inclusive and love gathering for meals, outings, conversation, games, trips...It's just my style.

Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes; 1 tsp colostrum
AM: ---
Breakfast: handful of green grapes; 4 fresh figs
Lunch: leftover Au Lac food. Chef Eto's curried rice; fried chycks; mashed pototes; and doughnut holes.
Dinner: tomato bisque; onion bread; onion crisps
Snack: 1 lb green grapes

What was Walker about today?
  • no comment ... oh alright. It was a rich food day that I think would have sent Norman Walker to a midday Nap-Time.
  • Ate with Family. Went out to lunch with Matt Monarch's papa and step-mama - we've adopted each other over the years...

What did I discover today?
  • The new onion bread is pretty darn good - but for me, cost prohibitive. I might suggest buying it once, getting sufficiently addicted (which is hard to avoid) - then easily make it yo' self from the recipe in Cafe Gratitude chefing book!
  • Onion crisps - ooooo - Funyons has officially been replaced with a far superior product. Textur-lific!
  • Watched Earthlings. It's a documentary about Man and Animals - with an in-depth study into pet stores, animals shelters, as well as factory farms, the leather and fur trades, sports and entertainment industries (Circuses - torturous!), and finally the medical and scientific profession.
  • Viewing this movie I know is part of my service to the world. Holding the Light of awareness and consciousness that brightens the dark corners of the minds of my brothers and sisters...it's the least I can do for the animals around our pulsing globe.
  • Our hearts' are good, and our ignorance great.
  • My cousin CR said once, "I'm in support of people's freedom of choice. Go to the slaughterhouse, kill an animal, see the conditions. When you know all that choice means, is the only time you are truly choosing. Otherwise you castrate your power and hand over your choice to big business and advertizements."
  • Earthlings movie is an efficient way to get the true-to-life experience and make a powerful choice, like never before - our single choices add up, I promise.
Monday August 31st
The scene: Raw World workday. Brought my car in for brake work - fingers crossed. Made a new batch of pickles, onion bread and did lots of housey stuff. Amazing a woman's to-do list, eh?

Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
AM: 16 oz OJ; 7 drops Marine Phytoplankton; 1 tsp bee pollen; 1 dropper maca tincture; 1 x echinacea supplement for my spleen
Breakfast: ----
Lunch: 1.5 lb grapes (35 minutes later) 1/2 C soaked/dehydrated almonds
Dinner: 2 C heaven on earth salad; 1/2 pickle; 3 x peruvian olives; 1 date for dessert!
PM: 1 x echinacea


What was Walker about today?
  • Lunch was Walker purrfect!
  • No snacks.
  • Because I planned out my eating day, I had one of the calmest mornings without the crazy munchies --- woo hoo! Peace is a great reward in my book.
What did I discover today?
I spent 4 cumulative hours the last few days looking for great support, vegan (I may settle for manmande), affordable, sandals/summer footwear. The search continues, but I'm steadfast in my search, although my resolve was challenged with the allure of $10-20 price tags at Famous Footwear. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm W I D E open.

If we are going to eat meat or non-vegan food, then let us perhaps consider the suggestion of Kahlil Gibran, author of The Prophet.
"But since you must kill to eat, and rob the newly born of its mother's milk to quench your thirst, let it then be an act of worship. And let your table stand as an altar on which the pure and the innocent of forest and plain are sacrificed for that which is purer and still more innocent in man."
Whew! Really calls us out to be our best...

With live food there is also a worship that can be upheld, which I think is Pure Beauty!
"And when you crush an apple with your teeth, say to it in your heart, 'Your seeds shall live in my body, and the buds of your tomorrow shall blossom in my heart, and your fragrance shall be my breath, and together we shall rejoice through all the seasons.'"

Whatever our chosen diet -- Omnivorism, Veganism, Raw Foodism -- let us strive to choose LOVISM first, last, and always!

1 comment:

  1. hey there,

    i love reading your blog! i just started making my own krouts and i read that you were making pickles! i was wondering if you could give us the recipie, im sure its simple, but i havnt been able to find a recipe that sounds good.

    thanks!
    have a beautiful day- Lucinda

    ReplyDelete