Thursday June 25th
The scene: Working the Raw World phones for Jack because he's doing a cleanse this week. We took this photo at the Raw Union festival this weekend. Oh how We Love to Giggle!
Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
AM: 16 oz Grapefruit Juice; 1/8 tsp stevia
Lunch: 24 oz veggie juice; large handful of soaked and dehydrated almonds; few nori snacks; 1 x decadence cacao bar
Snack: 10 incan berries (and Incredible Vitamin C kick -- Fun Food!) ; 1 piece snakaroon
Dinner: hodge podge salad; 6 sun-dried tomato flax crackers from a friend
What was Walker about today?
- Citrus Juice
- Veggie Juice and nuts for lunch was a favorite combo for Norman Walker. He'd usually add a bit of dried fruit - well...I added a different kind of decadence :)
- Grapefruit juice is supposedly a great insomnia 'natural cure'. Well, lemme tell you what...it's working for a stress reliever too! I've been super chill all day, like that delightful dream space right after I stir from slumber. My physical senses are heightened and my brain has a pleasant hummm, with none of the frantic energy I sometimes experience while working.
- Specific nutrients make a difference in how we feel, go figure...
- I've been listening to the Raw Mom Summit. I don't have kids as of yet, but I am a proud mama-wanna-be. Passion is always ignited when it comes to our children, eh? It's fascinating the value I'm receiving and putting in my tool kit - about raising Raw children in a cooked world; about how I myself can improve my raw lifestyle; about making RAW fun for kids; and how to be a good guardian for children who aren't even mine.
- It's FREE, it's happening for the next 3 days, and it's valuable for raising our consciousness.
- This photo is of me and my daddy! I love you Papa Bear...
Friday June 26th
The scene: Whistling while I work, once again. Planning a super fun and connected weekend. I put purple onions and sprouted green peas in my salad - not good for my little belly. Feeling like a balloon that's going to burst.
Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops
Breakfast: handful of soaked dehydrated almonds; 3 x dates; 1/2 peppermint truffle
Snack: 27 oz veggie juice
Lunch: hodge podge salad; a few cheesy almonds; 1/2 snackaroon
Dinner: 1 x bag cheezy kale chips
What was Walker about today?
- Veggie Juice!
What did I discover today?
Wanted to share a SUPER neato gift that was given to me at the Raw Union Festival. It's *sparkling* henna. My hand, now without sparkles, still has the henna markings and will last another 5-6 days. The Bride, Angela, got 'bridal henna' over her arms, shoulders, hands, feet and lower legs. There is also traditional pregnant belly henna. Pam (Luna), who was the divine artist behind my creation, said that when she does a pregnant mama's belly, the child will always kick and move around quite a bit, which changes the art that emerges. It's like the baby is designing and expressing itself in the signature of the art. I was blown away with Awe and the Holiness of LIFE! What lucky stewards we are...
Raw Mom Summit bit of interesting Trivia: In bygone years, beer was the beverage of choice and gave men a testosterone boost, which translated into increased sexual drive. Fearing this, the church activated the Beer Purity Act. In this act, Hops became a main ingredient of beer. Why is this so pivotal and shocking? Hops is one of The Most Estrogen Containing substances on the planet! Too much estrogen in men causes: erectile dysfunction; decreased sex drive; a more feminine shape; and the development of breast tissue - to name a few. The church was feminizing MEN to curb their lustful appetites. Hops is still in today's favorite guzzling brews. How's that for a factoid?
Standing for Men being Men - wholly and naturally, perfect just as they are...