Day 4 & 5 ----> Becoming Younger

Went with a friend to the hospital today. Becoming Younger is about never having to be HERE. It's about Aging Agelessly. It's about having a quality of Life that you want to stick around for -- It's about knowing how much you Need your Body to feel good in order for your Life to be good. I've had to admit that my Relationship with every single thing I hold dear, is majorly affected by how I feel in my body.


Wednesday March 25th
Today was a day on the road - left early, was ill-prepared.
Here's what happened:

Upon Rising - 1 tsp therapeutic enzymes; 32 oz water with alkalizing pH drops
AM - 16 oz fresh squeezed OJ
Breakfast - 3 tangerines
Lunch - 24 oz veggie juice; handful brazil nuts; 6 Peruvian Olives
Dinner - flax cracker with coconut oil and black salt; 1 C salad: green leaf, tomato, green onion, 1/4 avocado; dressing: tahini, olive oil, botilla olive water, 1 clove garlic w/ skin (for vitamin C I think - some nutrient that is otherwise lost by taking off the skin - good blenders pulverize it fine); 1 x contrast vanilla/cacao cookie
PM - 16 oz water with alkalizing pH drops

What was Walker about today?
  • Meals were small in size
  • Waited until the previous meal was digested to intake anything else -- overlapping meals is a definite Choice to Age rather than Become Younger.

What did I discover today?
  • The things that throw me off the wagon don't taste better than a Walker meal...they are just more handy usually.
  • OJ is my favorite way to start the morning! **Liquid sunshine**
  • Lunch was an awful experience! I was ill for a few hours. If ingesting more than 6 oz of liquid (in this case veggie juice), it must be drunk BEFORE any fat - allow to digest 15-30 minutes.
  • A meal of just fat doesn't work! Lunch was wholly unsatisfying. I craved more, and all I had available was olives - YUCK more fat! Walker suggests a small amount of nuts with 8 oz veggie juice as a snack. Nuts seem to combine satisfyingly well with leaf dulse (oooo! I love this combination), or a bit of dried fruit, or fruit 1st - wait 30 minutes - then nuts.
  • Drinking water at night completely abolishes my cravings.

Thursday March 26th
Upon Rising - 1 tsp therapeutic enzymes; 32 oz water with alkalizing pH drops
AM - 16 oz fresh squeezed OJ
Breakfast - 1/8th pint of blueberries; 1 apple
Lunch - flax cracker with coconut oil and black salt; 1 C salad: green leaf, tomato, green onion, 1/4 avocado; 1 1/2 T dressing: tahini, olive oil, botilla olive water, 1 clove garlic w/ skin; 2 x small dates with 1/2 tsp almond butter
Dinner - 1 x bag of cheesy kale chip; 1/2 bag of chocolate covered brazil nuts and mulberries; 1/2 cucumber
PM - 24 oz water with alkalizing pH drops

What was Walker about today?
  • Meal of only fruit for breakfast is Walker style --- However, my soon following hunger told me I could have eaten a larger quantity. Walker recommends 1-2 lbs of fruit. I had maybe 1/2 pound.
  • Lunch --- was small and dense, and involved sweet (the dates at the end). Walker meals usually involve all the food tastes so one is left very satisfied on all levels.
  • Dinner --- adjusting to this new regime, my cravings were pretty intense tonight and I went for the raw "junk food". I kept it dense and fairly small, so that was good.

What did I discover today?
  • Some raw chocolate gives me a headache almost immediately --- although I like that the nuts in this mix are soaked, I was affected poorly by the chocolate.
  • Needing less sleep! Before starting this blog just a few days ago, I was needing about 10-11 hours of sleep to feel rested. Now I am getting about 7-8 and feel wonderful when I wake up. A winning combination of eating less, not overlapping meals, and not eating late at night. My sweetheart Joshua said to me this morning after I rolled out of bed, "Wow! You look great!"
  • Weight loss - yes it's beginning to fall away
  • Yesterday was a tough day for me emotionally, singing at the bedside of my friend for nearly 2 hours. Coming home, all I wanted to do was eat LOTS! Not having that fall back, I had to actually sit with my emotions. Not the worst thing in the world :)

You know you've eaten a Walker Meal when you:
Have energy after eating and are absent of cravings.
You are not overly full, yet feel satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment