Wednesday July 1st
The scene: Traveling Day. Chicago!
Upon Rising: 32 oz water w/ alkalizing pH drops; 1/2 tsp therapeutic enzymes
Breakfast: 6 plums from neighbor's yard - freshly fallen juice droplets
Lunch: Small leftover salad from yesterday; 2 T chia cookie dough
Snack: 16 oz veggie juice
Snack: 32 oz veggie juice
Snack: 24 oz veggie juice
Dinner: 4 C curry cauliflower soup from Raw Foods For Busy People 2; 1 x curry power wrap; 2 T chia cookie dough
PM: 1/4 C chia cookie dough; 1 x banana
What was Walker about today?
Uh....veggie juice :)
What did I discover today?
- I was floating from drinking so much veggie juice.
- Usually I get a bit of a flu or migraine after traveling. This time I was determined to stay well. It worked! Although it did mean a lot of juice jar juggling and making sure to finish my liquids before going through security, it was a challenge I enjoyed.
- That Curry Cauliflower soup is one of my favorites. The bright yellow coloring makes it look like I'm eating an entire quart of mustard --- but it's fatty, filling, and spicy. Heats and comforts me like the soup from bygone days.
- This artwork is one of my favorite things about Chicago. The Crown Fountain displays every day people's faces on this large structure. It feels like a tribute to humanity and a connecting point for the 'little people' getting to be HUGE (literally)!
Thursday July 2nd
The scene: I have THE BEST Dentist in my home town. Once I flew home just to get cared for by him. Today he was in typical terrific form and my teeth got a good looking after. My mother reported that the temperatures would be in the 80s-90s...Nope! 60s&70s. So we also went to a discount clothing store to get me some warmer layers. I packed for the tropics! Then at night Taupe and I did back-to-back films at the theater (a tradition).
Upon Rising: ---
Breakfast: 2 slices cantaloupe; 4 x cherries; 16 oz pineapple juice - rind and all
Lunch: 1 x curry power wrap; 1/4 C guacamole and fresh salsa made into lettuce boats with sliced zucchini rounds and romaine. YUmmmm :) I kept exclaiming my approval to Mother Nature.
Dinner: handful soaked/dehydrated almonds; smaller handful of hunza raisins (the best raisins I've ever tasted); a few flax crumbs dipped in olive oil and salt (tastes like bread sticks); 3 x olives
PM: handful of cherries
What was Walker about today?
- My habits in a new environment take a bit of getting used to. Skipped the water this morning --- it's going by my bedside tonight!
- Pineapple juice, according to Dr.Fred Bisci is fantastic for arthritis, if done consistently and making sure to juice the rind as well.
- Anyone in the Midwest attempting to be 100% RAW - I BOW DEEPLY TO YOU. I'm always violently reminded how fortunate I am to live in the cornucopia of fresh foods known as California. The Whole Foods in the burbs was shockingly non-organic and the Greens were puny in their over-priced dwarf bundles. I felt the energy difference between my fresh Farmer's Market Produce and these near lifeless eats. Superfoods are making more and more sense....David Wolfe's book is coming at a great time.
- For one excited to step away from cinema life, I've sure seen a few movies lately. I'm happy to say my hook to them is lessened considerably. My dad had the TV on today and I wasn't tempted a bit. I ate lunch with my back to it, not in defyance...simply in non-interest. Freedom is why Angels can fly!